Client Services: Policies and Procedures
We offer the following services:
- Clients are appropriately engaged in competitive employment, a shelter workshop program or in an adult developmental activity program, or other appropriate community programs.
- Clients have time for social development both individually and in groups.
- The group home encourages social events and other activities such as movies, ballgames and bowling.
- Each client is encouraged to express his/her ideals and concerns.
- Clients are encouraged to exercise maximum independence in the selection, use and maintenance of their own clothing:
An activities calendar shall be posted in each home each month.
- Select and purchase their own clothing as independently as possible.
- Select their daily clothing and dress themselves appropriately to the activities in which they plan to engage.
- Do laundry, mend and iron their own clothes if possible.
Each client will be served a minimum of three nutritionally balanced meals a day with at least a ten-hour period between breakfast and supper. Snacks are provided in between meals, and clients can assist with menu planning. Food preferences and special dietary needs shall be considered when planning meals.
Menus will be prepared one week in advance and include the following:
- Milk: two cups per client.
- Fruit: two serving daily; one serving of citrus fruit or tomatoes, or juice.
- Vegetables: two servings.
- Eggs: three to five a week, spread over the week.
- Lean meat, fish, poultry: at least a four ounce serving each day; to meet additional requirements for protein, substitutes including cheese, dried beans and peas, and peanut butter may be used.
- Cereals and bread: enriched or whole grain, such as oatmeal, enriched rice, corn meal, enriched prepared cereals, bread or biscuits at least twice a day.
- Fats: include butter or margarine daily; restrict the use of seasoning with fats.
Transportation services are available to the clients. The company vehicles are equipped to meet the physical disabilities of the clients. The staff also encourages the clients to use public transportation when available.
Brushy Mountain Group Homes Inc., services to the clients are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
A qualified professional will supervise Brushy Mountain Group Homes, Inc. employees working with clients.